Our Pet Food Pantry is accessible to Wellness at Gateway (WAG) program members. To qualify, families must provide the following at time of application:
- Proof of residency (62201, 62203, 62204, 62205, 62206, and 62207 only)
- Proof of need (link card, medical card, W2, pay stub, etc.)
- Proof of spay/neuter for every pet in the home (or adoption contract if adopted from shelter)
WAG members receive a card that they can show at time of pet food pick up. Families are allowed to receive free dry food for up to 5 pets on a monthly basis through the Pet Food Pantry. Pet food is distributed at the Gateway Pet Guardians facility at 725 N 15th St., East St. Louis, IL 62205 on designated Saturdays from 8 am – 9 am.
If you don’t qualify, we partner with various social service agencies and food pantries in the Metro East St. Louis area. Our goal is to deliver food regularly to these organizations as resources are available:
- East St. Louis Township Food Pantry
Clyde C. Jordan Senior Citizens Center
6755 State St, East St Louis, IL 62203
- Food on the Move mobile events (monthly)
1420 N 49th St., Washington Park, IL 62204
Held on the second Wednesday of each month from 2:30-3:30pm at Mt. Calvary Church of God.
If you are outside our service area, please reach out to these agencies for assistance:
- Archford Angels/Belleville Area Humane Society Resource Pantry
1301 South 11th Street
Belleville, IL 62226
(618) 235-3712 | (866) 951-0247
- Bi-State Food Pantry
4015 Papin Street
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Riverbend Pet Food Pantry
8495 State Route 143
Edwardsville, IL 62025
If you would like to participate or learn more about our pet food pantry program or partnerships, contact Katie Anderson, Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (618) 687-8007, ext. 712.