Thanks to your generosity, we raised $55,000 between December 1-31 surpassing our original goal of $40,000. Your donations truly save lives and for that, we are incredibly grateful.
As we bid farewell to a difficult year, we would also like to reflect on all the good things that happened in 2020 because of PAWsome people like you!
- You helped us raise over $55,000 in one month through December’s WHY Holiday Campaign.
- You helped us move our operations to East St. Louis in January 2020, making us the largest pet resource center in the region.
- You helped us open the first-ever vet clinic in East St. Louis, offering subsidized veterinary care to more than 500 pets since opening in August.
- You helped us distribute over 20,000 pounds of pet food through our Pet Food Pantry and community partnerships with human food pantries.
- You helped us lead St. Clair County toward a No-Kill Community with the transfer of over 250 pets from St. Clair County Animal Services, making us the largest transfer partner for our municipal shelter.
- You helped us respond to over 1,500 calls for assistance through our Community Pet Hotline.
- You helped us rescue 90 percent more pets in 2020. We took in 950 pets in 2020 compared to 500 in 2019.
- You helped us keep countless pets at home with their families, where they belong, by supporting programs like our Pet Food Pantry, Low-Cost Vet Clinic and East Side Crisis Fund.
Even in a year that brought endless challenges, nothing could stop us from this life-saving work that is possible thanks to your commitment to helping pets and the people who love them! We are ready to hit the ground running in 2021 thanks to your generosity. Thank you for believing in our mission. Our work has never been more important than it is right now.
Stay in Touch!
Sign up to receive emails and updates from
Gateway Pet Guardians.