By the time COVID-19 hit East St. Louis, IL, Gateway Pet Guardians (GPG) felt prepared. Thanks to years of taking a holistic, needs-based approach with their community, the small organization already had numerous programs in place that were conducive to the “new” way of life. Now, they’re hoping to help others apply this approach to their respective communities.
- Introducing a New Rescue Bank Affiliate – Gateway Pet Guardians | GreaterGood.org
- How Animal Shelters Can Overcome Barriers When Building Their Community Programming | Maddie’s Fund
- 7 Ways Your Animal Welfare Organization Can Build Community Programming to Keep People and Pets Together | Maddie’s Fund
- Could Gateway Pet Guardians’ Holistic Approach for Animal Sheltering be the Model of the Future? | Maddie’s Fund
- Animal Nonprofits Like Gateway Pet Guardians Exemplify Why Moving Beyond Rescue to Comprehensive, Community-based Sheltering Saves More Pets | Best Friends Animal Society