Those of us focused on solving the specific problem of dogs and cats being killed in shelters rarely characterize our work using the word “rescue” because it’s not all that relevant to most of what we do. Our work is about saving lives, supporting communities and reframing the role of animal shelters in that space. Yet for many animal lovers around the country, the familiar notion of “rescuing” cats and dogs persists, and I can certainly understand why.
- Introducing a New Rescue Bank Affiliate – Gateway Pet Guardians | GreaterGood.org
- How Animal Shelters Can Overcome Barriers When Building Their Community Programming | Maddie’s Fund
- 7 Ways Your Animal Welfare Organization Can Build Community Programming to Keep People and Pets Together | Maddie’s Fund
- Could Gateway Pet Guardians’ Holistic Approach for Animal Sheltering be the Model of the Future? | Maddie’s Fund
- Animal Nonprofits Like Gateway Pet Guardians Exemplify Why Moving Beyond Rescue to Comprehensive, Community-based Sheltering Saves More Pets | Best Friends Animal Society